Friday, November 24, 2006

Finally got some time today to sit down and read my camera manual(and the digital field guide for the d200 too!) and I have learned so much!! I have to admit, I'm not usually one to read directions, or measure ingredients either for that matter... but I sucked it up, and read and have hours more to do. THankfully this is fun reading. Oh and I finally tried shooting in RAW format!! fun fun, not nearly as 'scary' as I once thought(it's like shooting a digital neg of a photo, much larger size and fully editable without ruining the quality of the photo). For example this photo I took today, around 4:00pm. It was dark & gloomy, and her skin tones resembled something of a morning-oatmeal-now-turned-into-cement colour. But I'm pleased with the transfer. Bree looks quite pale, but then again, she is!! Ok so I'm issuing a challenge for those camera buffs out there in blogger land. If you don't normally shoot in RAW, wanna try it??? You will need to download some software as most editing programs can't read RAW, here is a link to a good and free(bonus man!) program http://www.pixmantec.com/
link me up, I'd love to see it!!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you are having fun with your new toy! Great photo of Bree. She is too cute.

Cannot wait to see some more of your gorgeous photos.

9:35 AM, November 25, 2006  
Blogger Sue Sykes said...

Great photo of Bree! Would love to take this challenge but I have been shooting in RAW format exclusively since last year... probably why my 40 GB hard drive is always full... ;)
Have fun reading and playing! Love seeing your work!

8:30 PM, November 25, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

Cute pic! I think RAW is "scary" too, but I might play with it once I get a bigger memory card in my camera, and clear out some space on my computer!

12:31 PM, November 28, 2006  
Blogger Mona said...

Thanks for the challenge. My hubby and I have been talking about it... why does it seem so hard? I will post my first raw picture on my scrap gallery on Sunday. You've inspired me to try. Oh, and thanks for blogging. I read you all the time.

1:32 PM, November 29, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

Well I for one think RAW sounds totally cool Patti.....and I can't wait to see some more of your pics. I love looking at your work, it always has such a unique, fresh, look to it!

12:38 AM, December 03, 2006  
Blogger Heather said...

I have shot in RAW before but I find it annoying more than helpful as I can't upload the photos to anything. I'll have to talk to you about it and see what the big difference is.

2:47 PM, December 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home