Monday, June 12, 2006

my new venture!

I feel like I have been living and breathing my new idea for the past few weeks, so I guess it's time to share it on here. My mat leave is quickly running out, I'm due to return to work August 8th. Well that's not going to happen. I have done some research and found out that the gov't will provide a second year of employment insurance for people who have been off on mat/parental leave if they establish their own business. This sounds like the perfect plan! And so now I'm in the works of creating a business plan and hopefully getting it approved!! I'm so excited and nervous both at the same time!
I am currently in the process of learning flash & dreamweaver so that I will be able to do web design... no I don't currently know how. Lol but hey I'm a quick learner, why not?!
My friend has leads and has already had a job for me to do, but darn I don't know how to do it yet! I'm very excited about this opportunity!! As much as I Loved my old job and working with the elderly, there really wasn't any more room to advance unless I usurped my boss! lol. This way I can be as busy or as not busy as I would like, and still be home for my kids, which was the main goal!
So excited!! (let me know if you need a web page! hehe, I need the practice!!)

7 Comments:

Blogger Heather M. said...

Good for you, Patti!!!! I pray it all works out for you!

4:47 PM, June 12, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

Good luck with the venture Patti--I think you will be great at it! In fact, I KNOW you will!!!!

6:04 PM, June 12, 2006  
Blogger Sue Sykes said...

Great news, Patti! Good luck on your new endeavour!!

9:47 PM, June 12, 2006  
Blogger MonaS! said...

WTG girl! Good for you! Here's hoping and praying that this all works out! I'm sure you'll be a huge success.

12:15 AM, June 13, 2006  
Blogger Crystal said...

Way to go - learning new skills and exploring avenues that allow you to be with your kids! You will be fabulous at this. Maybe you can fix up my blog header for me!!

3:05 AM, June 13, 2006  
Blogger Marina said...

Oh now that is fantastic news Patti. You will excel my friend, I was thinking the same thing as Crystal, perhaps you can work your magic on my blog header. I just don't seem to have the time to play around with it.

1:10 AM, June 14, 2006  
Blogger Heather said...

You already know I love the idea. I think you would be awesome at it. It's such a hard time getting your dream to reality though. So I'm praying for strength, the know-how and the contacts you need to make it all happen.

10:57 PM, June 15, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home