Sunday, May 14, 2006

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy mother's day to all the moms and Moms-to-be out there in blogger land!! It's our day to take off and be appreciated!!

My family spoiled me, even after I said not to get me anything since Chris just got me the new camera. First gift, Ian slept through the night... we have been trying every different strategy to get him to sleep... and nothing worked, last night... we did nothing and look he slept!! And I got to sleep in! I havn't slept through the night since I first got pregnant in Nov/04, so yes I consider this the most precious gift!!!

Christopher picked up some scrapbooking items, gardening knee pads and a book... then he dropped the best news... "oh and I don't think you should go back to work in the summer". He has been thinking about this for a while apparently. It has been my hearts desire to stay at home with my kids, especially while they are small... and enjoy them! We're mostly certain we don't plan on having any more children, so this all makes sense. We're not entirely sure how we're going to afford to do it financially, but we're trusting in God to take care of the details.
Walking by faith, not by sight.
I couldn't have asked for a better gift. I keep welling up with tears every time I think about it. This means so much to me, and to our family. I know we're going to have to make sacrifices for this to work, and maybe I can do something in the evenings... but this just feels right. I know we have to be faithful.
best mother's day ever!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Awesome Mother's Day indeed. Awesome that you got to sleep through. YEAH IAN!!! God will provide for your family whatever you decide. Just do what you feel God is telling you to do.

7:29 PM, May 16, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like you had an incredible mothers's day!! That is so great that you have a sweet hubby to support you while you stay home with the kiddos, and take pictures of them with your new camera!

Keep the faith! He will provide!!

11:56 AM, May 17, 2006  
Blogger Heather M. said...

Sounds like a wonderful day! And you're right, staying home with your kids would be the best gift ever!

3:53 PM, May 18, 2006  
Blogger Crystal said...

Oh, that is an awesome Mother's Day gift, Patti!!! You are going to love it and your family life will be so blessed. ((( HUGS )))

11:33 PM, May 26, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home