Thursday, May 11, 2006

Thursday

Thanks Stac for letting me know that the link to the photos wasn't working, I have fixed it now. I need to change the colour of text so you can actually see where the link is... oops!


I just got a great CD from Jamie(Heather's dh) who we travelled with to FL. He burned all the great photos that they took of our family while we were away too! Thank you so much you guys for that blessing of photos!! Greatly appreciated!You took some amazing ones. I already have them off to be printed so I can scrapbook them.
One of my favourites goes along with this photos of this baboon. Isn't it a great photo?? You'd think I'd need to have a really BIG lens to take something like that right??? well I got to use the lens of my DREAMS! We were at the Lowry park zoon in Tampa Florida and we were walking around enjoying the animals, snapping photos as you do. Well there was this guy walking around with the BIGGEST camera lens I have ever seen. He had a guy carrying a bagful of supplies ... so I figure he must be a professional for some magazine or soemthing. Well my darling husband goes up to him the next time we see him and says, "my wife has major lens envy!" They guy was awesome, he smiled and glanced over at my wee little new Nikon... and said, "hey why don't you hook up the body of your Nikon to my lens and take a few pics?" Patti's jaw drops to the floor!!! and so I did, and took this photo. The guy worked for some autism site and was taking photos I think for a calendar for fundraising. I wish I had have been paying better attention to what he was saying so I coudl ahve looked him up. I felt a bit like charlie brown listening to the adults(you know the wah wha wah wha sound they made?) It was such a cool experience! Here is the photo of me with the 800 mm lens...

If you click on the photos, they will open up in a new window, much bigger.



and a family pic of us on the boat when we went looking for dolphins.


1 Comments:

Blogger Heather M. said...

Oh my gosh, look at that lense!! WOW! What a thrill! Love the photos! It looks like you had a great time!

1:40 PM, May 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home