Tuesday, April 04, 2006

My hopes

Just read a Tuesday blogger challenge:

Tuesday's Challenge: Use your blog to write about YOUR HOPES AND WISHES for YOU. No one else. Not your kids. Not your better half. Not friends and family. But your hopes and wishes for YOU and you alone. What are they? Do you have any? What are YOUR hopes and wishes? YOUR dreams? Elaborate as you wish. Remember, this one is all about YOU. You matter. How you feel counts. What your deepest dreams, passions are. Write them down. Get specific. Imagine.

What a great thing to write about... I think it's so easy as a mom to have your own needs, hopes & dreams get shoved to the back burner.
What are my hopes & dreams, good question. I would love to find work that I am completely satisfied and tickled pink to go to everyday that pays me. (otherwise I could happily be a SAHM, I love the job, too bad the pay sucks! ;) ) That is a big struggle for me, as I have always wanted to be the one who stayed home with her kids. I loved that my mom was able to do that for us when we were growing up. That she was there for us when we got home from school and we coudl share all of our excitement and news with her the second we burst through the door. I am not sure how this can work, as we need my income too. But this post is about hopes, not about how its actually goign to happen. I do enjoy my job that I'm currently on maternity leave from however, I just dread returnign in July and leaving my baby. *sniff*
I would love to have a "real" house. Right now we're in a townhouse, although I lvoe it and it's a good size, I would love to have my own 4 walls, not sharing them with neighbours who like to do bathroom reno's for months at a time on the wall that they share with Ian's bedroom!!! I would lvoe to have a fenced in good sized yard for themt o play in and that I could really make some nice gardens. ONe that we could just call home and stay there until we retire and need to downsize.
I also dream of gonig back to Australia. I feel like it is a second home for me. Even though I have lived the majority of my life here in Canada, I definitely have a connection there. I want so much for my kids to meet their other grandparents while they're still young enough to enjoy our kids. I have also always wanted to live on the ocean. Somewhere warm and hurricane free!!

I would love to have a housekeeper, or even someone who can help me come in and give me a "clean sweep" I have too much stuff for our little home. I find it so overwelming. I would lvoe to do what they do on the show, take it all outside and then half it and have a garage sale... hmmm that's almost crazy enough it might work!! Neighbours might think we're insane to have all our stuff outside though! lol
I secretly would love to have another baby, but not sure if this is a wise idea financially or mentally for me. Ian, love him, but he has been a very high maintenance little boy. Not keen on teh sleeping thing... thank goodness I don't ahve to make a final decision on this one at this moment.
I could go on and on, but my time is up! Thank you for this challenge!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Bonita Rose said...

wonderful dreams.. I wanna get to Australia one day too.. where in Cda are you? I am originally fr Wpg MB!
thks for doing the challenge.. aren't they so fun?

3:36 PM, April 04, 2006  
Blogger Marina said...

I love your dreams and hopes Patti, thanks for sharing with us and allowing us a glimpse into who you really are.

4:09 PM, April 04, 2006  
Blogger Heather said...

What a great challenge. Totally understand on the things being on the back burner. Totally understand on the another baby thing too. Don't know how many more I can handle.

4:33 PM, April 04, 2006  
Blogger Leah's Crafty Life said...

I can relate on so many levels. Would love a housekeeper too, someone to come in and deep clean every few weeks. Can relate to the baby too *smile* You have beautiful dreams and I am sure they will come true!

10:01 PM, April 04, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Patti,

I'm sorry to hear about your friend. I hope that you are feeling a little better now.

These challenges are great, where do you get them from? I think you should come back to Australia, if not to live for a few years then at least for a holiday, come stay with us, the four kids would be great mates!!

I'm with you on the another baby issue. Its in high debate in our house at the moment. Don't want to do it for another year or two yet but I desperately want 3 and the account hubby says we can only afford two!! Stupid practical males!!

Being a SAHM is a wonderful dream. I hope it comes true for you. :)

6:19 PM, April 05, 2006  
Blogger Heather M. said...

I love what you wrote! I love learning more about you, knowing what your hopes and dreams are! I hope they all come true for you, Patti, I really do!
I'll try to do a post on this in the next few days too!

11:56 PM, April 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home