Wednesday, January 18, 2006

What makes me happy?

Was just reading HeatherM's blog and she asked what makes us happy? I loved her list, and thought I woudl do one of my own. So nice to focus on good stuff, in the blah January month!

Music makes me happy!! I would have music on one thousand times before I'd have the TV on. Hillsong music especially makes me happy. Got Brianna a Hillsong Kids DVD for her bday and she just loves dancing around to it! Nothing warms my heart more! Also love 80's music... always thought "old" people were crazy for wanting to hear music of their youth, now I'm right there along wtih them! Reminds of those fun crazy days... dont' want to go back there, but yet there is still an appeal to retro tunes! lol


Laughter, I know everyone likes to laugh... but I really love a good belly laugh... just the release of endorphins when you laugh, and it's so contageous!!! I really wish people would laugh more!

Being a SAHM- I"m sure this is a given, but I can not begin to tell you how incredibly blessed I have felt being able to stay at home with my kids since August. I love being the person who walks Brianna to school, and being the first person to pick her up. I remember my mom saying when I was young, go on tell your dad about your day... but all my enthusiasm had worn off by that time, but my mom at least got to hear it. Wouldn't that stink to miss out on that if she had our daycare provider picking her up? Even though Ian's not sleeping much, I love that I'm able to stay here with him and care for him. Some days are more challenging than others, but I am so thankful and happy to be on mat leave. I don't want to go back to work!

Mail- of course not the bills, but mail makes me happy. Good old fashioned letters arriving in the mail box. When I was on mat leave with Brianna, (pre scrapbooking days) I was bored, and so I joined a bunch of penpal lists. It was so fun to recieve letters from "friends" all over the world. Unfortunately when I went back tow ork, I didn't have enough time to continue wtih them. But occassionally fun stuff still arrives in the mail. I tell ya, there is still a flicker of excitement everytime!

Pedicures- I find this one odd mainly for the reason that I have an anti-foot fetish. I hate feet!! But I love a good foot massage and having my toe nails looking nice. Especially in sandal weather! Makes me feel pretty, and I rarely feel that.

Vacations, who doesn't love a good vacation? I was rather spoiled prior to getting married, I used to travel, a lot! Went to school in Switzerland for a while, to better my french, lived in Australia for over a year, visited Hawaii, Fiji, New Zealand, England, Scotland, France, Germany, Italy, Various hot islands. I wouldn't trade my family for anything, but man I would love to go on vacation again! We havn't been anywhere since we've been married, so coming up to 6 years. I wish flights back to Australia weren't so darn expensive, I really want my kids to meet their other grandparents.

And of course, was there any doubt this was coming... Scrapbooking! lol now there is a surprise! I love it! I love everythign about it! I love working on it, I love looking at other people's work, I love learnign about it! I love getting together with friends(old and new) to do it!! Just love it!
Seriously I think it's the cheapest form of therapy out there! Now I know this may come as a surprise(just kidding), I am an incredibly emotional person... so to be able to have an outlet to release these crazy hormones, is fantastic! I always feel better after I have completed layouts... my toughest one, has got to be the one I did on Chris' time in the ICU. I thought it was insane at the time that his mom took phtoos of him unconscious, but then when she mailed them to us, iw as so thankful to have them. It reminded me of the miracle that we were given, his life!! He was on death's doorstep and God gave him back to me. I never knew I had faith in me like that until he got sick. I still tear up every time I look at those pages I did, and how sick he was. I am so thankful I wrote it all down before I forgot anything. I want my kids to know how important prayer is and that it works!

3 Comments:

Blogger Heather M. said...

So cool! I love mail too - always a sure-fire way to brighten my day! And I love to laugh and laugh loud and often! Fortunately I have an incredibly funny husband a friends so I get to do this often! Oh and I like Hillsong music too! And the scrapbooking one is definitely a given! I'm glad Chris is okay and alive too!

5:51 PM, January 18, 2006  
Blogger Kim Sanderson said...

I didn't know that your dh had been sick, I'm so happy he is still with you!!! hugs!! I love getting mail too! not bills ;) this is a good idea I think I'll do this on my BLOG as well!

7:52 PM, January 18, 2006  
Blogger Heather said...

I think I knew most of it but I didn't realize that you were in school in Switerzland. Thought you were just travelling. I totally miss it too! So should we plan something together. Sounds nice doesn't it.

Great list. Your inspiring the page I'm working on right now.

9:35 PM, January 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home