Friday, January 06, 2006

Dr's are funny

well at least I think mine is. I really like him a lot actually, he's very straight to the point, no muss, no fuss kinda guy with a soft spot for little ones. Ian and I have been fighting Thrush for the past 6+ weeks(give or take a week), and have been into see him now 3 times to try and get this resolved. The last treatment actually worked, unfortunately it came back once I stopped. So we're to do it again, but for 10 days. Last time however, when I went to get the prescription filled, I explained to the pharmacist that my doctor had told me to get two bottles, one for Ian and one for me to use on myself. Well, her eyes bugged out of her head and looked at me like I was speaking in another language and told me I couldn't use that on myself. I may be a bit dopey these days from lack of sleep, but I can remember directions from my doctor from all of 5 minutes previous. So I again reiterate(and for some reason I spoke slower this time, as if that would help her get it???), and so she throws up her hands at me and tells me she needs to confer with the other pharmacist... and I'm left standing there...Ian is running out of patience for the car seat. I hear them talking "well maybe he's done it before" "but it's not done" blah blah blah... she comes back, and I interject.... " you know, he's the one with the MD after his name, please just give me my prescription, my baby is about to freak right out, and how about you call him and discuss it after I leave!"
So I convey all this to Dr. K on Wednesday when we were in to see him again, he asks why didn't they want me to use it on myself, and they told me because it has sugar in it... he shouts at me "SO?" *laughing* You could tell he was getting frustrated too... so then he goes to write up a new Rx for this same med, and he says to me, I'll get you the large bottle of it so you can give it to him longer, I just can't remember the amount of the bottle... and I chime in like a goofball "100,000 units 4x a day" (I have a really bizarre memory for useless details like that, I swear my university education could have scooped me a jackpot on jeopardy!), he looks at me and smiles and says to me, "I know that !!! remember I have the md after my name?? !!" I start laughing too... I'm thinking you may have had to have been there and known my doctor. I couldn't stop laughing in the car... sometimes I just need to keep my big mouth shut!!

Oh and Ian didn't sleep through the night again last night, but wasn't too bad, just awake at 12 & 5 so still a HUGE improvement!! keep it up little boy!

2 Comments:

Blogger Kim Sanderson said...

sounds like quite a week for you!!! glad to here Ian is sleeping better for you!!!

9:02 AM, January 07, 2006  
Blogger Heather said...

LOL on the dr/pharmacist! Sugar? HA HA HA!!!

Ah he'll get the sleeping thing. Kendra still gets up once as she just doesn't drink enough at once. HE's still young but at least your getting more sleep to function.

9:36 PM, January 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home