Sunday, December 04, 2005

On with the lights!


OH yes Christmas has hit the Miller house in a big way. Yesterday we dug out the Christmas tree. It couldn't have been buried under any more stuff. It was absolutely at the back of the under the stair storage in the basement... so out came EVERYTHING that I'm holding on to. Golf clubs...when with 2 children am I ever going to golf again? Luggage, when am I ever going to be able afford to travel again? a HUGE tote of baby toys... does he really need that many? What was I thinking? I digress... so out comes the tree, and all the stuff that goes on it. Brianna's eyes lit up and I had to stand back because the decorations started a flying! I got to do the lights, but essentally from 3 and a half feet down our tree is very densely decorated! lol Chris was able to get the lights up on the front of the house today, and shared some with our widow neighbour so our 2 units look fabulous if I do say so myself! I wish we could have some stuff on our lawn, but I'd be afraid someone would go walking off with them.

Last night we went to Chris' work dinner which was wonderful. It was our first night away from both of the kids at the same time... very exciting! My parents came over to do the babysitting and it all worked out great! It's funny how with the second one you loose all/most of the "what if's" about leaving a baby. Nawww they'll be fine! And they were. Dinner was great, dessert was awesome. I get along well with his co-workers at the table. Soooo nice to get out for some adult conversation and to leave the house without spit
up I think is a first for me!


Today Chris let me sleep in so we missed church, but it was nice to have a day inside. Bree & I decorated the gingerbread house. She has gotten so much better at it from last year! So cute to see how she is implementing the knowledge she has gained at school. Making colour patterns, keeping certain shapes together! I was one proud momma! And here is the end result
It's a good thing I'm not really into that sort of candy or WW would be blown out of the water!
I also snapped a photo of her doing the "thinking Huffman face" it's legendary in our family, all the kids do it. Whenever she's concentrating on something intensely, she pokes out her tongue and furrows her brow... too cute!
Everyone tells me how much she looks like Chris, at least I know she gets this from my side of the family!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, my tongue likes to help me concentrate too...

10:59 PM, December 04, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

Patti these photos are great. The gbread house looks like a huge success. DD did a great job decorating.

12:42 PM, December 05, 2005  
Blogger Kim Sanderson said...

can I just say your gingerbread house looks delish!!!

9:33 PM, December 06, 2005  
Blogger Heather M. said...

Oh man, that gingerbread house is AWESOME!

12:01 AM, December 13, 2005  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home