Saturday, September 30, 2006

not a winner... but still I won...

ok so that is confusing... lol I didn't win the scraps ahoy idol contest... but, no sad faces... I got something better, well at least I think so. Last night while the voting was still on, I got an email from the head of their design team inviting me to join the crew!!! That they have liked my layouts over the months and want to know if I would be on their DT!!! ummmm is the pope Catholic??? LOL. I am thrilled beyond words! This actually validates me even more than winning the contest would have... So I again will thank you all so much for your help with all the votes for so many months! And for all the encouragement and support. You are great friends and I thank you.
I can't believe I'm on a DT! eeek!! :)

OH and yesterday I had my first photo shoot... it was incredible. Although the 2 week old baby wasn't much in the mood for sleeping... oh he's so tiny!!! He pooped all over everything, then once we got that cleaned up he peed on what was left!! :) SO precious!! Here are some of my favourite shots. Gorgeous children who loved having their photo taken, can it get any better???
















Now I just need to get my website up and running I'll be ready for business! woohoo!!!

15 Comments:

Blogger Kim Sanderson said...

HOLY FREAKING AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! congrats on getting a DT spot that is wonderful!! and the photo shoot is GORGOEOUS, you rock!!!

8:08 PM, September 30, 2006  
Blogger Teresa (aka tmom) said...

Huge CONGRATS on the DT! That is so awesome! Will have to stalk over there from now on! Love the pics you took!

8:32 PM, September 30, 2006  
Blogger Heather said...

How amazing is that!! So excited for you and your new DT position. Congrats!!

Great pictures too.

9:58 PM, September 30, 2006  
Blogger Christy said...

Yeah Patti! I will now live vicariously through you. I can't wait to see what you come up with. The pics are gorgeous. Maybe you should come and photograph my kids before you get so expensive that I can't afford you! In fact, email me please. Maybe we can work something out. clcbug1@cogeco.ca

8:26 AM, October 01, 2006  
Blogger Jen said...

Congratulations!!!! How incredibly awesome for you....I'm jumping up and down with excitement!!!

BTW...I know the family in your photos!!! What a small world! We used to go to the same daycare they did! Cute kids huh?

8:39 AM, October 01, 2006  
Blogger As The World Scraps said...

Way to go Patti! I loved your work through the contest and now I know where to go to see more! Congrats!

9:04 AM, October 01, 2006  
Blogger SmileyCarrie said...

That's amazing news... congratulations!! I agree... WAY better than winning!! Sounds like you are the true winner :) I'm so excited for you!

Beautiful picture :) :) :)

9:07 AM, October 01, 2006  
Blogger [ .: Hols :. ] said...

Woohoo! You're doing pictures now, just as I'm looking for someone to take some, so that's pretty freakin' awesome.

Congrats on the DT.

11:42 AM, October 02, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an amazing result!!! Congrats on the DT. I'm thrilled for your girlie. You must be so ecstatic.

Love the photos from your shoot.

2:57 PM, October 02, 2006  
Blogger tina werner said...

well congrats girl! that is so friggin awesome!!! i'm sooo happy for you!!!

and your pictures are beautiful btw ;)

9:06 PM, October 03, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Patti that is so awesome!! Congrats on being invited to the DT! You rock my socks! LOL. And those photos are gorgeous too!!

12:43 PM, October 04, 2006  
Blogger Marina said...

Congrats patti... so well deserved, you do fantastic work and it was only a matter of time before someone took notice. Great Job on all your enteries!!!!

4:53 PM, October 04, 2006  
Blogger Heather M. said...

WOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!! Congrats on the new DT! That is AWESOME!!!! And gorgeous photos, btw!

7:56 PM, October 05, 2006  
Blogger Sue Sykes said...

That is too bloody cool! So deserved, though - I can't say that I'm surprised! Congratulations!

Adorable photos, btw... and how funny that Jen knows them! :)

1:05 AM, October 06, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been so bad lately ... haven't kept up with my blogging buddies at all. And look what I missed. PATTI !!! You are so quiet. I'd have been screaming it from the rafters. Congratulations girl !!! I have no doubt that you'll knock their socks off. :)

10:22 PM, October 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home