Thursday, September 07, 2006

THank you so much everyone for your votes in teh scraps ahoy contest! I'll find out hopefully some good news on Sunday!! :)

Let me get caught up on the week! We had fun going to the apple orchard on the weekend... it's barely September and it's apple time already. I love going to the farms in the fall... it's fun of course, but more importantly... fall photos are oozing in spectacular colours!! Absolutely my favourite season to photograph... which leads me to my next exciting news... I got some new lens' for my camera!! :)

I grabbed a Sigma 18-55mm 2.8 and wow what a difference it is compared to the lens that came wtiht he camera! Which I was surprised is only worth about $35 trade in value! I also got a 2.8 60mm fixed... but I think I'd rather get the one that Sue got... which I think was a 1.8 50mm ?!?

Here are some of my favourite photos... the first is going to be blown up somewhere and in a nice frame. I used my fav PS action on it and brought back some of the colour. My two favourite guys! I can't wait for the new Scraptivity kit, I think it's going to be a great pic for it!!! :)



















And one last thing, a friend & I went to the lss last night and I finally got to see some of the new CHA stuff... yummy!!! I grabbed a quote card for a new line from MME "signature suite... I think this should be my new mantra on life lol "Be who you are and say what you want, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. Dr. Seuss

Who knew Dr. Seuss could be so profound?!

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Great pics Patti!!

I love that Dr. Suess quote! At Ashtons grad the speaker read a Dr. Suess book as his "talk". It was pretty cool!

11:08 AM, September 07, 2006  
Blogger MonaS! said...

What lovely photos! I love that Dr. Seuss quote too! Good luck with Scraps Ahoy

2:49 PM, September 07, 2006  
Blogger Teresa (aka tmom) said...

Awesome photos! Congrats on the new lens! Great quote. Keeping my fingers crossed for you for Scraps Ahoy Idol!

7:37 PM, September 07, 2006  
Blogger Sue Sykes said...

Can't wait to hear the news with SA - hopefully our votes got you through!
Great fall photos, chica - and congrats on the new lenses!!
I have the 50mm f/1.8 lens - and it rocks! I seriously NEVER take it off my camera anymore, unless I need my zoom lens! It's so lightweight and great in low light situations! And it was pretty reasonably priced too!!
Can't wait to see some new photos with your new lenses!

5:22 PM, September 08, 2006  
Blogger Joanne said...

I love the picture of Ian and Thomas. You're kids are growing up to be beautiful. Good luck with the scraptivity contest.

8:24 AM, September 09, 2006  
Blogger Heather said...

Great pictures and wahoo on the lenses. What a great quote.

10:41 AM, September 11, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome photos Patti. You have a beautiful family.

10:05 AM, September 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home