Thursday, August 17, 2006

doing it, in the garage!

taking photos that is!! :) I remember reading about Garage photo shoots years ago on 2p's and always thought cool, but at the time my camera was a point & shoot and I just never bothered trying. Well it occured to me, duh patti you have a good camera now and it's warm, try it! So I meandered down to the fabricland this morning and bought a couple of meters of black fabric(btw there are some GORGEOUS fabrics in there, all I coudl think about was patterned paper!!! I so wish I could sew!), and set it up out in the garage. I had fun, I wish my kids would have cooperated better. Brianna was most unimpressed, because I took her away from fun playing stuff in the basement... blah, we need photos girl!! :) The boy did incredibly well despite his repeated attempts to escape and one minor clunk in the head with a dangling camera as I tried to retrieve him(oops, guess I lost mom of the year award there huh???)
But I am VERY pleased with the results and can't wait to get these pics printed so I can scrap them with this months new gorgeous scraptivity kit!!!
Anyway here are some of my favourites! I snapped over 150 frames per kid... I'm going to need another memory card me thinks! :)
































11 Comments:

Blogger Just Rhonda said...

beeeautiful shots!!! YOur kids have the nicest eyes!!!

4:36 PM, August 17, 2006  
Blogger Heather said...

Oh my goodness look at those eyes. Fabulous photos girl.

I so have clunked Kendra with the camera too. SO it's not just you.

9:50 PM, August 17, 2006  
Blogger Heather M. said...

Wow, you got some amazing photos!!!!!! I love their eyes - so blue!

12:07 AM, August 18, 2006  
Blogger lacintha said...

love these Patti!!! Your kiddos are just too gorgeous!!!

1:41 AM, August 18, 2006  
Blogger Katrina said...

Great photos girl!!!! I really need to get some fabric too....it's simple and creates just the best backgrounds!!!!!

8:06 AM, August 18, 2006  
Blogger Kim Sanderson said...

Awesome pics Cakes, I htink you should get into the kid photog business!!!

10:02 AM, August 18, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, Patti!! Those pics turned out awesome!!! Way to go girl!!

11:04 AM, August 18, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My goodness Patti. You captured some really fabulous shots. Such gorgeous kids. I can't wait to see these featured in your layouts.

2:11 AM, August 19, 2006  
Blogger Crystal said...

Gorgeous photos, Patti!!

1:31 PM, August 19, 2006  
Blogger Sue Sykes said...

These are stunning, Patti! Can't wait to see them scrapped!!

12:54 AM, August 22, 2006  
Blogger Michelle said...

Love them!

I've been wanting to do it too but have a point & shoot...still may try.

2:23 PM, August 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home