Thursday, July 20, 2006

new addiction

Well I have just recently downloaded Photoshop CS, oh my gosh I'm in love!!! And with that, I have discovered downloading actions for it!!! didn't think it could be possible, but I'm even more in love!! Guess what I goofed around with all morning during Ian's nap??? SOOO Much fun!! For those not familiar with actions, essentially someone else has gone and saved a list of commands to alter your photo, so all you have to do is have a photo open and hit "play" and it will run the list of commands and alter your photo and you just have to sit back and watch! If you havn't tried them yet, I urge you to go get soem and give it a go! I have been downloading them from the Adobe Studio exchange, so I feel pretty confident that they're not infested with virus'. Here is the link And here are a few before and after examples of what I
was playing with.
Here's a sepia one, that has a softness about it


















This one is supposed to have an "artsy" vintage look














And this one of course a film strip! Too cool!!

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Very cool, Patti!! I *heart* actions too! Wait until you start to download BRUSHES! Now that I love! LOL

How is your website coming?

3:30 PM, July 20, 2006  
Blogger Heather M. said...

oooooh, I've heard so much about actions, downloaded some but then never knew what to do with them. So all I do is hit 'play'. I'm going to have to try and figure it out.
LOVE the photos you did!

4:57 PM, July 20, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tres cool! Looks like you are having a fun time. Great photos.

12:03 PM, July 21, 2006  
Blogger lacintha said...

wow! This looks like so much fun! Way to go girl!

11:41 PM, July 21, 2006  
Blogger Just Rhonda said...

Great work with Photoshop!!! Too cool.

11:52 AM, July 22, 2006  
Blogger Sue Sykes said...

I love actions too! I just finished proofing photos for a client and made up my own actions - made it go by SOOOO much faster!

I'm with Melissa, wait til you discover brushes! :)

2:37 PM, July 22, 2006  
Blogger Heather said...

Oh my you definately have to give me a tutorial now. I just stick to my plain old stuff. We have to make a date and do some stuff for sure.

9:47 AM, July 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home