Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Kindergarten celebration!

Well yesterday was the celebration for the JK & graduation for the SK class at Brianna's school. OH MY GOSH how cute are these kids!?! I could just eat them up! They sang songs that they had learned all year to a captivated audience of mums & dads, grandma's & grandpas etc. You could just see the intense longing for approval in the kids eyes, "mom are you watching me?" "Daddy can you see how good I'm doing". And not to turn this all sad, but my friend who passed away in her house fire in March, her son was standing there, doing so great... His dad has really stepped up to the plate. Just makes me sad, she is missing all these milestones. I took some good photos of him too(hope to slip them into his backpack tomorrow), I just feel like the other parents at the school really need to step up and help(if possible). That whole statement about, it takes a village to raise a child... so true!

But... on another note, look how cute these kids are?!


I really can't believe how grown up she is looking, I know, relax patti, she's only 4!! But man time is passing so quickly. I am so happy we've made this decision for me to stay home, I don't want to miss a second!! oh and the tears are coming again. I shouldn't blog emotional stuff. Sorry.

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

great photos Patti. And what a sweet thing to do to take photos of that boy for him and his dad.

6:23 PM, June 20, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

YOur post made me so happy and sad at the same time! It's nice to see you stepping in and helping with something that might get overlooked! Yeah Patti! Brianna is just tooooooooooooo cute!

BTW...your brother is hot!!! That pic below with he and his daughter made me say mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!

12:11 AM, June 21, 2006  
Blogger Sue Sykes said...

Proud mamma moment!! Brianna looks adorable, as always!! And how bittersweet that must have been for you, to see your friend's son, growing up and knowing what she is missing... ((((Big Hugs!!!)))
And don't apologize for being emotional about your kids! We all are when it comes to them!! Kudos to you for taking the step to be a SAHM - I'm *almost* right behind you... I hope!! :D

12:37 AM, June 21, 2006  
Blogger Heather M. said...

Awww, she is so CUTE!!!! I love reading all about it! Don't apologize for being emotional!!!! You're human and have feelings and that is SUCH a good thing - it's so good for me to read before my baby comes along - I need to be reminded to savor every moment because time flies by so quickly! I am so glad you will be staying at home too. I hope someday I'll be able to do the same!

12:33 PM, June 21, 2006  
Blogger Heather said...

They are way too cute and of course we get emotional when these milestones fly by. Awesome that you got some pictures for the other boy in Brianna's class.

7:14 PM, June 22, 2006  
Blogger Marina said...

Patti, your daughter is so adorable, and yes so grown up too. Don't you just love these kind of ceremonies.

Patti your touching comments about the young boys really struck a chord with me, and I want to commend you on being such an amazing woman. Not many think to do such things for others, and it is natural for you. I'm sure his family is touched by your gestures!!!

12:14 PM, June 28, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home