Thursday, June 15, 2006

so-so news

firstly, thank you all so much for your input on the card, I will fix it up later! I really appreciate your honesty!!! I can't tell you how much!
My meeting today was ok, mostly just information. The place I had to goto today is a sub contracted group for HRDC... so she told me the nitty gritty.... sounds liek it's going to be a long drawn out process... why am I not surprised?

I need to:
a)quit my job(although I'm on mat leave, I'm still employed, and it's only for people who are truly unemployed and on EI), although I can't quit, as then I woudln't qualify for ei. I have to tell them I can not return to my job due to the evening and weekend hours taht are required as I won't have daycare then for my children.
b)I have to go take a bazzilion aptitude tests to see where my skills "belong"
c) spend a week in milton doing so. Oh and all the while, since I'll be on EI I'll have to be looking for work, work that I dn't actually want and won't be able to accept(Isn't that insane?)
d) after going through all that, apply to the agency in Mississauga that supports peopel trying to establish their own business. They will expect me to come into Miss. for 4 weeks. I am not looking forward to that! I hate driving in rush hour traffic!!! Maybe I can take the GO train. It's not a guarantee that I'll even be accepted to attempt this.
e) then hopefully after all of that, I can actually get down to working on the business.

I'm very nervous. I am scared to quit my job. I am scared to take this leap of faith, what if I fail? What if I can't do it? What if I mess up?
it's scary doing new stuff isn't it?? All in God's hands right?!

5 Comments:

Blogger Sue Sykes said...

Whoa! What a crock! Talk about job security for those guys!!
Anyhow, I can understand your trepidation - it IS a leap of faith, but I've seen your work w/ PS and I think you can do it!! You just have to believe in yourself!!
BTW, I think I may need a website for my soon-to-be official photography business... :D

3:44 PM, June 15, 2006  
Blogger MonaS! said...

Oh man! What a day!!! But you are right - this is all in God's hands and its going to turn out the way its supposed to. I will keep praying for you as you go thru this process. The uncertain can be very scary, but I know that you can do this!!!

7:08 PM, June 15, 2006  
Blogger Marina said...

Oh Patti, I don't envy you right now, I was totally thinking this was a perfect solution for you, but this is crazy. I want to do a lot of things too, but I am in the same situation, I don't want to quit my job for the uncertain either.

I'll be praying for you to have some clarity.

10:01 PM, June 15, 2006  
Blogger Heather said...

HE will guide you for sure. It's the leap of faith and trusting in HIm that is the hard part.

If your still really serious let me know and you can talk to my friend that has a web design business.

10:47 PM, June 15, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

the plan definitly sounds a bit scary, but just remember why you are trying to do it - for your kids and your family! And just pray pray pray! He will lead you through it.

12:57 PM, June 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home