Friday, June 16, 2006

ladies night turned poker night...

Ok so since before I was married, so about 7 or 8 years I have gone over to my friend Julie the photographer's house on Thursday nights. It started out with it being Survivor night! We'd watch the show and chat the night away... well it continued on... even when the show isn't on. And it's grown. She's now lived in 3 different houses, and it's no longer survivor night, it's now become "Ladies night". All the husbands wonder what happens at the mysterious ladies night. Mostly laughing and eating jalapeno poppers... but we won't tell them that... well last night, we made it into a poker night! LMBO! None of us know how to play, how crazy is that?? Well apparently it's super huge crazy popular nowadays, and who are we to miss out on a trend! lol so while we were waiting for her poker shark sister to come over(who I recently introduced to S! and she signed up for a 12 month sub! woohoo!), we were all sitting aroudn the table reading the rules that came with the fancy poker chip set! SURROUNDED by food. There were 6 ladies, and uncountable #'s of children on and off...eventually mos tof them fell asleep or went to bed in their own homes. We were there for 3 hours and played 4 hands!!!! LMBO!! How pathetic is that??? yep, that's what happens when 6 chatty ladies play poker.

It was a lot of fun, although I am very very bad at it! Thankfully there wasn't any real $ infolved... But would love to try again. I'm a sucker for cards I think! Gran would be proud! ;)

4 Comments:

Blogger MonaS! said...

That sounds like soooo much fun! Poker is something that I have always wanted to play. At least you didn't lose any money. You are lucky to have a great set of friends like that!

9:49 AM, June 16, 2006  
Blogger Sue Sykes said...

I LOVE TEXAS HOLD 'EM!!! I wanna come to poker night too!!! So glad you had fun - even if it was only four hands!! ;)

9:00 PM, June 16, 2006  
Blogger Heather said...

LOL!! I wouldn't know what to do either. Glad you had fun though.

10:37 PM, June 17, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

ha ha. sounds like fun!! DH just got a poker set this weekend so now I can learn too. It looks like fun but I am not a good bluffer! :P

12:57 PM, June 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home