Thursday, February 02, 2006

Things that make me happy around my home



This is from the "meme" challenge from Tenika's blog(&2p's). Her challenge was to go around your home and take photos of happy things around your house. Here is my little collage of some of my favourite things from around my house.

The photo is kind of small, if you click on it you can see the photo bigger.

Top left, is a photo of my BA, it doesn' tlook like much but it represents 8 years of my life(I took some time off and went part time for 3 years), and I did a lot of growing up during that time...

Next pic to the right is of my dining room cabinet, it's not all that pretty and I don't really like the style of it, but it was my gran's. My cousin actually got it when she passed away and when my cousin got divorced she didn't have room for it in her new appt, so she asked if I wanted the set. I have my gran's dishes, and it makes me happy to have her dishes back in her cabinet, like I remember it.

Next is a photo of a hutch from my great Aunt Lottie. My dad refinished it, and for both of those reasons it is very special and a gorgeous piece of furniture.

Bottom left is our 55 Gallon fish tank. I love to sit in the basement and watch teh fish. I find it so therapeutic and relaxing!

Next is a primitive wooden Canada Flag. I am so proud to be a Canadian, but it's so rare to find primitive/country decorations with our flag on it ! I bought this at a craft store in St. Jacobs from a mennonite gentleman.

And finally a photo of a boomerang with Australian aboriginal painting of a kangaroo. My dh emigrated from Australia, came with 2 suitcases and the clothes on his back almost 6 years ago. I can't imagine leaving the only country I've known to move to the other side of the planet. And he did it all for me! Gives me the warm fuzzies. I put the boomerang in a shadowbox, because I think it's like art, the painting is beautiful. I bought it at a tourist store in Sydney, but I still think it's pretty special.

What a cool Challenge! that was fun!

2 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Very cool challenge I should do this and make a page out of it.

6:03 PM, February 02, 2006  
Blogger Heather M. said...

Wow, I don't know why but this post made me cry. It's so touching, Patti!

2:59 PM, February 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home