Wednesday, January 25, 2006

visiting "my" sisters

Every month Ian, Brianna & I go into my work and visit the sisters. For those of you who don't know, I work at a convent for retired nuns. I am enjoy mat leave, but was the coordinator of therapeutic recreation for them while I was working. So we go in monthly for baby therapy. They just adore babies, and children in general. The School sisters of notre dame were mainly teachers, so I guess that explains their close connection with kids. And most of them came from huge families(one sister who just died was one of 17!). Anyway, I goto pick up Bree from daycare and tell her we're going to mommy's work. And she says "to visit your sisters?" lol How do you explain to a 4 year old what a nun is? I don't have any sisters, so I try to explain that I only have 2 brothers, uncle dave & dean... no sister, but the ladies at mommy's work they are called sisters... totally confused the poor girl, but the conversation we had was similar to the laurel & hardy 'who's on first' skit... I was laughing so hard that the tears were streaming down my face. The visit went great, Ian was a perfect little gentleman, and fell asleep on the car ride home.
oh and I don't know if I shared my newest favourite home photo of him... It's funny they say that the first born will have the most photos taken of them, then you take progressively less the more kids you have. That was obviously said before the digital age... lol this kid has so many photos taken of him. He naturally strikes a pose for me now when he sees the camera... what a ham!

2 Comments:

Blogger Marina said...

Patti, how special of you to have this ritual each month. Your children will rmember this with fondness.

Now Ian is just a cutie, look at him in that picture. OH MY!!!! I can't wait to see the layout you create with this one!!!

4:20 PM, January 25, 2006  
Blogger Heather M. said...

LOL!!! That sounds like it was a very cute, funny conversation with Bree!!!!
That photo is DARLING, Patti!!!! I love your conversion!

6:18 PM, January 25, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home