Sunday, January 22, 2006

a quiet moment

ok so this is Sunday. I have a few minutes to myself. Dh took dd to Mcd's for dinner, and I bowed out, definitely not good for my WW'ing! So Ian is happily drooling away and here I am.

My husband is the best. I love him and his antics dearly, may I share a funny story? He told me yesterday he wanted to go to the Home Depot to get some stuff, and I asked him to grab me a couple of paint chips, as I had an idea for a layout and i wanted to try. He said sure, what colour... ummm ya, maybe some with red, or green, or brown or blue... (way to narrow it down Patti!) He looked a little frazzled, put on his mp3 player and went on his way! Comes back half an hour later, and smiles at me. I had forgotten about the paint chips as I was so painfully vague, he would have to had to pick one of each to cover his bases....
Guess what he did... he took one of each chip!!!(except for 2 rows he said, but he thought he'd been there long enough). I am now the proud owner of a 3 inch stack of paint chips... if anyone is in need of a colour grey through purple, I'm the gal to ask!!! Oh he cracks me up! I asked him if anyone looked at him funny, he said, he had his mp3 on and his hood up, couldn't see a thing! lol.

Last night we had our 2 neices and my brother over for a late bday celebration for Chris. My brother comes in hauling 2 long plastic totes, I look at him strangely and ask what did you bring over??? and the girls chime in "our scrapbooking stuff!" lol They are 11 and almost 10 years old and have recently been turned on the phenomenon that be scrapbooking. They are too cute!! Although a bit, ok a lot competitive. I guess that's what happens when you're 16 months apart and the older one is a foot shorter than the younger one. So I told them they could use anything they wanted from my stash(with the exception of some ribbons, apparently I have an emotional connection with them and love to caress them daily, ya I actually do that... Oh I know it's odd!! lol) So I got them both started, even gave them some photos I had from when they were littel and off we went. J got right into using the circle cutter, M wanted to do some heat embossing. Then both wanted to try what the other had done, and neither wanted them too. OH my goodness... love them dearly but was happy when my brother said it was time to go!!

We had fun though...
yes another generation has the bug!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Heather M. said...

Awww, so sweet of your DH!!!!! And how totally cool that your nieces sb! FUN!

11:54 PM, January 22, 2006  
Blogger Kim Sanderson said...

what a doll your dh is!!! and the troch has been passed, it's great getting people hookedon sbing!!!

10:21 AM, January 23, 2006  
Blogger Marina said...

Patti, your husband is awesome, so wonderful of him to get you all those chips. What a sweetheart he is!!!!

Your nieces sound adorable, and so cute that they are into scrapbooking too. You will now always have something to do with them when they come to visit, and you will always have a good idea for gifts. Scrapping SUPPLIES!!!

1:53 PM, January 23, 2006  
Blogger Heather said...

Ah! Love Chris! LOL on teh paint chips.

Great that your neices want to get into scrapbooking. Totally understand on teh ribbon fetish. I have about 14 1L jars here full of it and still more jars to get.

2:36 PM, January 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home