Monday, February 13, 2006

Real simple thought

I subscribe to Real simple, thoughts of the day... I don't usually like getting stuff en masse from websites, but I really look forward to these thoughts. I have been copying the ones that I really like into a word document and may use them for a project down the road. When I was copying today's, I read the one I got on January 16th(I am thinking Martin Luther King Jr day in the US)

"Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step." — Dr. Martin Luther King

So true! I am a woman of faith... without it I am nothing! But it is also the hardest thing to remain strong in. But I love how MLK summed it up in such a simple phrase. I'm going to think about that all day! I think it fits with so many obstacles that come up in life, we have a choice to become down and depressed by things, or we can stand up to it and plan to overcome.
cool thought for the day!

3 Comments:

Blogger Marina said...

Oh Patti, what a wonderful quote. When I read it, I immediately thought of my weightloss challenge and how it can be so discouraging to see the whole picture and where I need to be, but if I just focus on each step of my journey it isn't that daunting.

Thank you for sharing this with me!!!

4:47 PM, February 13, 2006  
Blogger Heather said...

What an awesome thought. Totally true!!!!

7:05 PM, February 14, 2006  
Blogger Heather M. said...

Fantastic quote - so true! Thanks for sharing, Patti!

8:32 PM, February 14, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home