Monday, February 13, 2006

Monday

Ugh why are Monday's so hard? Ian gave me a rough night, he's got a stuffy head and I think he was having trouble breathing poor little love kept me up from 12-2, and 3:30 and 6! I hope this cold passes quickly, I'm exhausted! Thank goodness for coffee!
Chris is having a job interview this morning for a new and exciting position within his company. He had to create a presentation for the interview this morning and he totally nailed it! I am so proud of him! Now I'm just praying the interviewers think so too!

I did my first layout with the new February kit, it was fun! Totally made me think of quiliting. The ladies in my family have been extrordinary quilters. My mom has recently gotten into it in spurts... but I have NOOO interest in it as of yet... but I'm sure I will later in years. I think it's a dying art. I had the idea of making a quilting block of a heart and so thanks to the internet found a cute one and le voila! The quote is pretty cheesey, but it went with my quilt theme! The background paper is actually a rust red colour like the red in "family" my scanner stinks, don't know why I have so much trouble with it.

I also did one with my favourite photo that Jules took of Bree. This photo just exemplies her "free spiritedness" I have it blown up to a 11x14 size, now I just need to get a nice frame. I actually got 4 of them blown up so I can make a photo montage in the family room.

Guess who's awake! Guess that's all for now!

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

both of these layouts look great, patti! I did my first LO with the Feb kit this weekend too and I am loving it!

I hope you get some rest today and your little guy feels better soon! And good luck to your dh on his interview!

11:42 AM, February 13, 2006  
Blogger Marina said...

Patti, great job on the layouts, they both look fabulous. I really like the heart in the Family layout, very very cool.

I agree with you on quilting becoming a dying art, and I like to think scrapbooking will be the trend that gets passed on for many generations to come!!!

I haven't received my kit yet, but after seeing your layout, i can't wait!!!!

4:52 PM, February 13, 2006  
Blogger Heather said...

I love that heart on your kit page and the title with the list on the other one. The pictures of your family and the individual one of Brianna are awesome. Julie is amazing!!!

Here's praying for Chris. So how soon will you find out?

7:08 PM, February 14, 2006  
Blogger Heather M. said...

Awesome layouts! I love the flower you created on your Feb kit layout!

8:29 PM, February 14, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home