Thursday, February 16, 2006

A fine mess

I decided a few years ago that each child is blessed with at least one thing they do really WELL, and at least one thing that they don't. The one that they don't do well generally causes a little or a lot of grief for the parents. Thank goodness our children are works in progress too!

Brianna, for example, she was(and still is) the best sleeper ever! She had three naps a day until she was one, then two naps a day until she was two, then just one for her third year. And has just recently actually give it up since Christmas and she is now four. However her bedtime has now moved up to 7:00pm and she's out for 11.5 hours!
Food however, that is another story, she has always had issues with eating, from the very first mouthful of runny baby cereal. She was a gaggy baby and toddler! I always vowed I'd never "allow" my child to be a fussy eater... haha little did I know what I had in store! Although, my mother frequently reminds me how far she's come and she is doing so much better! This is true, but still a minor battle to introduce a new food and last week was the first week she actually ate the lunch that I made for her...only took me 5 months to figure it out... not too shabby!

Moving on to the boy. Can I just reverse the above? He eats like a machine! True he's only 6 months old, but so far he will eat anything I put in front of him. What a treat it is!!! Peas & Carrots, no problem, spinach bring it on! Squash, feed me faster! yep he likes to eat!
SO far the sleep thing, it could be better. He has yet to sleep through the night, and has a zillion short cat naps through the day...

I think it's hilarious that my kids are as different as night and day! Apples and oranges! Peas & carrots!

4 Comments:

Blogger Marina said...

Oh Patti, sounds like your household is much like mine. My oldest could sleep just like Brianna, and at 3 still has 1 nap a day, but food... again same as Brianna, although she hit a growing spurt a little while ago and now eats a lot, but still very picky about what it is she wants. PIZZA is high on her list.

Rylee will eat just about anything, she even still eats broocoli. I don't however have sleep issues with her, but I feel the afternoon nap is dwindling

2:25 PM, February 17, 2006  
Blogger Kim Sanderson said...

one thing they are the same in is how sweet they are, and loved!

9:15 PM, February 17, 2006  
Blogger Heather M. said...

I hear ya! It blows my mind how different I am from my siblings in some ways - especially considering we all grew up in the same household!

2:09 PM, February 20, 2006  
Blogger Heather said...

Love hte peas and carrots comparison. WOW your feeding him spinach. I thought that was a gassy food.

Funny how their roles reversed.

9:05 PM, February 20, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home