Saturday, December 31, 2005

Last day of 2005

I can not believe today is the end of 2005!! Didn't this year just begin?? Time is going by way too fast these days, in a blink I'm going to have teenagers, then they'll be gone to university! Scary thought!
I am not a fan of resolutions for new year's. I have never been good about keeping them, then I feel guilty about it later. Not this year, I don't want the guilt! I'm going to make goals this year instead. Goals are something to work towards, as opposed to being all out drastic rules that will likely get broken in the first week.
1. I am going to continue with Weight Watchers and am going to finish loosing all the weight I have put on over the past 10 years. My goal is to be within 150-160 pound range... I don't honestly even care how long it takes to get it off, but I'm not quitting this time!! I'm currently down 23 pounds.. have totally fallen off the wagon over the Christmas holiday season(ok the entire month of December has been a write off!) but I was happy that I only gained .8 of a pound... I'm right back at it now though! Nothing tastes as good as thin feels! lol I would love to be in a size 10/12, I think I would be very comfortable there.
2. I am going to declutter my house. It is too small for all the stuff we have. I know I am very emotionally attached to "things", especially gifts. I need to free myself of this, for my sanity's sake. Every day I hope to go through things and be ruthless and get rid of stuff. Either on freecyle or to the local charity box, or even the garbage as I'm sure some of the stuff I need to get rid of no one woudl want!
3. Get painting! I strongly dislike most of the colours in our house, I also dislike painting... but my goal is to get one area done a month... hopefully that will help us to end up with a freshly painted house by this time next year!
4. Explore other options of employment, especially doing photography with Julie. I love being at home with my kids, and the thought of going back to work next July makes me so sad. Julie has said in passing before about me working for her evenings and weekends... I am going to see if she is serious and if it could work!
5. Continue to exercise. Before the snow hit I was walking at least 5 times a week, and enjoying it no less!! I'm planning on starting "diaperfit"(water aerobics, but you bring your baby with you and they float around while the moms exercise) next week. I love being in the pool, and exercising in it doesn't hurt my knee, so it's the perfect place for me! Let's hope Ian enjoys it too!
6. Stop feeling sorry for myself about being alone so much. It's my own fault that I don't reach out to people. So I am going to make an effort to invite friends over for dinners, try to find people to have playdates with, other moms to just hang out with during the day. I have felt really isolated since being at home. All of my current friends work or live too far away to get together... I probably spend too much time online as well.

I think this is a good start!

3 Comments:

Blogger Kim Sanderson said...

Patti thanks for sharing your goals, it sounded like an scho to my own!!!

1:05 PM, December 31, 2005  
Blogger [ .: Hols :. ] said...

Great start !

9:04 AM, January 06, 2006  
Blogger Bina Simon said...

You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to be really something which I think I would never understand. It seems too complicated and extremely broad for me. I’m looking forward to your next post, I will try to get the hang of it!
cheap skip bins brisbane
skip bins ipswich

1:27 AM, June 05, 2021  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home