Thursday, December 29, 2005

2005 in Review

Just found this on another blog and thought I would add it to mine(please feel free to do the same!) I have altered the questions to fit with Canadian holidays...

2005 In Review
JANUARY
1. Did you have a new year's resolution this year? yes, to not gain an astronomical amount of weight with my pregnancy, and I didn't!
2. Who kissed you at midnight? Christopher, think we ordered in Chinese food, and had fun with the Verriers and the Scraptivity new year's eve online challenges! (well Heather & I did, the guys were watching a movie I think)
3. Did it snow where you live? Probably??!! I can't remember. We had a lot of snow last winter
4. Have you ever been to Times Square to watch the ball drop? nope
5. Big January Events: My pregnancy was confirmed!!

FEBRUARY
1. Who was your valentine? Chris & Brianna
2. What did your valentine get you? scrapbooking goodies! he is the best!
3. When you were little, did you buy valentines for your whole class? Yes I remember getting class lists to make sure that we gave one to each kid in the class. And we made little boxes to hold them all. I loved that day!! (probably explains my continued obsession with stalking the letter carrier! lol)

MARCH
1. Are you Irish? yes part Irish... the good part!
2. Did you wear green on St. Patty's Day? Of course. Working in Long term care, we go big with every "holiday". The oldies lvoe it and we have fun with it too! We served green everything that day!
3. What did you do for St. Patty's Day? I was working... didn't go out.
4. Big March Events: Easter fell in March this year which was kind of strange, especially with organizing events at work. Brianna got to do her Easter egg hunt in the snow this year at the Montessori school where we go. That was different!

APRIL
1. Do you like the rain? Yes I love the rain, as long as I don't have to go out in it!
2. Did you play an April Fool's joke on anyone this year? sadly no... but I have an idea already for next year
3. Big April Events: we did our own taxes for the first time ever! lol my dad is a CA, CMA and was retiring this year. He has ALWAYS done my taxes but thought we should figure it out before he retired!

MAY
1. What's your favorite kind of flower? I love almost all flowers, spring flowers are lovely though, tulips, crocus', daffodils! love the all!
2. Do you like the spring? So absolutely love the spring! The renewal and coming back to life of all the plants and the SNOW melting... who doesn't love the spring?
3. Finish the phrase: "April showers bring..." Jamie's birthday lol Heather's dh's birthday is on May the 1st. He said that phrase once to me and I havn't forgotten it!
What would you think of as a spring color? green
4. Big May Events: We drove to Ottawa in our new car to visit my brother and his family. The portable dvd player made that long drive sooooo much nicer!

JUNE
1. What year did you graduate from school? High school – 1992; University 1999(took the extended plan, should have been done in 1996)
2. Did you go on any vacations last June? Nope
3. Big June Events: Just me... I was big as a house and it was hotter than normal for June!

JULY
1. What did you do on the 1st of July? Sadly I don't think we did anything. Just tried to keep cool inside!
2. Did you go on any vacations during this month? We went to the 6flags amusement park in Darien Lake NY. That was entertaining as I was 8.5 months pregnant!! And it was upwards of 40 degrees Celcius!

AUGUST
1. Did you do anything special to end off your summer? We had Ian on August the 9th! I escaped the hospital 2 days later(not bad for having a csection) and Chris took 2 weeks vacation time to help us adjust to our new family of four. None of us(except Brianna) got any sleep! But were so happy to have our little boy in our arms
2. What was your favorite summer memory of '05? Having Ian
3. Did you go swimming a lot in the summer? Yes every chance I got! It was the hottest summer on record and I was so uncomfortable being so heavily pregnant. I even went and sat in Brianna's kiddy pool in our backyard to get soem relief(I have photo evidence of this too!)
4. Did you go to the beach a lot? No, unfortunately the beaches around here aren't very clean.

SEPTEMBER
1. Did you attend school/college in '05? took a course via my work.
2. Who is/was your favorite teacher? n/a
3. Did you like fall better than summer? I lvoe going for walks in the fall, I love the fall flowers. I love being able to keep the windows open at night time.


OCTOBER
1. Whose house did you go to for Thanksgiving? My parents house. My brothers and their family's joined us too
2. Do you like stuffing? love it!
3. What are you thankful for? I am thankful for my family, my wonderful husband who spoils me rotten!, for having a year off of maternity leave to stay home and enjoy my kids. So many things to be thankful for

NOVEMBER
1. Did you start Christmas Shopping? yes! I hate the malls in December!
2. Did you participate in any remembrance day events? Not officially, but I was walking into a Michaels store at 11:00am on the 11th and the store stopped as the trumpet played over the speakers. I was very impressed that people just instinctively knew what to do and that we all just stopped in our tracks, put our heads down and quietly looked at each other.
3. Major November events? Brianna turned 4 years old! We had her first official birthday party at a nearby indoor playground with 12 kids! It was so much fun! Not sure who had more fun the parents or the kids!(the adults were allowed to climb the equipment too!)

DECEMBER
1. Do you celebrate Christmas? Yes
2. Have you ever been kissed under mistletoe? Yes, my parents hang it in their house every year!
3. Do you like cold weather? not a big fan of it, but love staying in and getting snuggly & cozy warm. Flannelette is my friend!
4. How would you rate your year on a scale of 1-10? This was a great year, although it's been so hard with Ian's colic and me not getting enough sleep. I know this is such a short phase of his life, and I will sleep all through the night again soon. So I'd still have to give this year a 10
5. Big December Events: We had a lot of Christmas parties to attend, and the kids did great with the ones they came to as well. Christmas was wonderful. The weather has been so mild. Can't complain really!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home