Tuesday, December 19, 2006

So it's less than a week before Christmas, and I have lost my fa la la la... So strange, I'm feeling pretty blah. I have the tree, the lights, some decorations that Ian hasn't destroyed... It's so strange being a work at home mom. For years working in Long term care, there was such a huge emphasis on Christmas and decorating and all that good stuff. I organized heaps of parties and attended them too! It was fun, I loved it!! And in a small strange way I miss it. I miss having co-workers to giggle, chat and solve all the worlds problems.
It's all good and I'll be fine, it's just another bump in the road called life. I miss my friends who are all very busy with their holiday preparation. My beloved life long friend Gayle has been away in Cornwall for the past 6 weeks re-training to go and work in the tower at Pearson airport in Toronto. She has been an Air traffic controller on radar for the past 6 years, but was tired of working underground. I'm so proud of her for going for her dream and working to get to the spot where she'll be happier. She's been studying like a fiend as they have to score I think a 95%(really would we want an ATC who only got 50%?nope!). She called me on Friday to tell me that she passed! wooohoo! I hope I can see her over the holidays.

I think it's common to especially miss friends and loved ones over the holidays. My hugs and prayers go out to all who are missing special loved ones this time of the year.

And just to end on a happy note, I'm going to share a silly moment with Gayle ... on the way to the church when I was getting married, we went through the McDonalds drive through!!! we were STARVING, and I thought I was going to be sick... so of course logically McDonalds solves all your problems! Shockingly enough it did!! And the drive through lady called over all the Mickyd employees to have a look at us all dressed up! lol.

If you have a silly moment you'd like to share about someone you're missing, please share! I'd love to hear it!

4 Comments:

Blogger Sue Sykes said...

It's tough, Patti, but you're doing the right thing - the first year is the hardest!! Hang in there!

As for a funny story... when my girlfriend got married, we (me & 2 other mutual friends) kidnapped her from the wedding and took her to a strip club! You should have seen the dancers' faces when we walked in with a BRIDE! :) We called the groom and made him raise ransom money! We called every 10 minutes until he had collected enough money, then we brought her back...

Crazy college kids! :D

9:28 PM, December 19, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

LOL! I hope you didnt get fries and ketchup on the dresses! ;)

I am missing my old roomie...she is out in Alberta teaching now. Once we went and returned our recycling to get our deposit $$ back and splurged on supper - KFC, timbits, and blizzards! Oh ya...that was a fat day!

10:46 AM, December 20, 2006  
Blogger Christy said...

Hi Patti,

I think we are in the same frame of mind these days. I have been looking at the old photos of us as kids at Christmas. Its a good thing I have them- the only holiday memories I have of my mom.

5:26 PM, December 20, 2006  
Blogger Sue said...

It is tough during the holidays. I'm sorry you're missing your friend Gayle but congrats to her for following her dream (and doing so well at it too!).

I'll have to give a think of something silly to share. Right now things aren't coming to me but I'll be back. =)

Have a great day!

11:35 AM, December 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home