Monday, February 12, 2007

Thank you all


So much for the kindness thoughts and prayers for the family who lost their little girl. I never cease to be amazed at how the internet can make a gigantic world, a little bit smaller and people closer.

Many of the photographers on the forum from where I know the mum, we all released 3 pink balloons over the weekend as Ava's funeral was being held in Australia. We had I think 7 countries participating, from South Africa, New Zealand, Australia, Germany, the UK, Canada & US!

Brianna and I went out to the playground near our house and released them


Unfortunately as soon as they left Brianna's hand the wind swept them into the trees. Brianna was very sad that Ava wasn't going to be able to catch them from heaven(oh how I love this child!). Daddy even volunteered to go and get the ladder and dislodge them, but I was afraid they were too high.

I checked on them this morning and they were gone... I think Ava caught them after all!

bless you baby girl, in our hearts always.

10 Comments:

Blogger As The World Scraps said...

I had read your last post a few days ago and have been thinking of the family. They are in my prayers! How kind of you to bring this to others also. It just may save another child. We could have lost Jed this summer when a neighbor locked him in a shed on the hotest day. We tend to forget how quiet kids can be when playing and hiding. How awful. Prayers to this family!

9:41 PM, February 12, 2007  
Blogger Mary Pauls said...

This is so touching, I'm so sad for this family.

10:20 PM, February 12, 2007  
Blogger MonaS! said...

Ava definitely caught them from heaven!!! She knows that they were for her and how many people thot of her and love her! What a wonderful thot - please pass my love onto the family - their hearts are breaking for this terrible loss.

3:35 AM, February 13, 2007  
Blogger Crystal said...

Oh, what a sweet thing to do - I'm sure she caught them, probably later in the evening after she had the others all collected. Hope you guys are hanging in there through all of this sad stuff. Praying for her family too.

10:57 PM, February 13, 2007  
Blogger lacintha said...

what a wonderful tribute Patti!

1:37 AM, February 14, 2007  
Blogger Kim Sanderson said...

i have to stop reading your BLOG , everytime i do lately it makes me cry :) such a sweet gesture and Brianna is hsowing that she is being raised in the way everyone should be, you've done good my friend

8:09 AM, February 14, 2007  
Blogger Heather said...

What a gesture and so very sweet of Brianna to think about the release and that she would catch them. Love it!!

11:02 PM, February 14, 2007  
Blogger Ashley said...

That is really beautiful! Brianna has such a soft heart. My prayers go out to the poor family!

10:41 PM, February 15, 2007  
Blogger Elia said...

That is such a beautiful thing to do. I think it is great that you and Bree went out to do this for her. Your post just made me cry for the sad loss.

12:32 AM, February 17, 2007  
Blogger Just Rhonda said...

Oh that is so sad. So sad for that poor momma. I feel for her. So sweet that you and Brianna let the balloons fly for ava to catch! Wonderful thing to do.

3:25 PM, February 22, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home