Sunday, January 07, 2007

I had the most amazing Saturday night

I had the coolest job last night!!! I was invited to come and photograph one of Chris' workmate's grandsons Anna Prasanam. It's a hindu celebration of the baby eating his/her first solid food! An uncle feeds the baby it's first rice cereal then all the grandparents get to as well A small ceremony and a big party to celebrate. I know next to nothing about hindu culture and celebrations, but got a chance to learn so much last night. I had THE best time! The family invited me in and welcomed me as part of their group even though I was there to work, they made sure I got fed(yummmy true indian food is fabulous!!!) and got to know the family a bit. Played with the kids and had a great time! I almost wasn't going to take the job because it was at night and that isn't really good for a natural light photographer!!! But Prahba(grandma) coaxed me into it and I'm so glad!! It didn't hurt that they're all gorgeous!!! Here is a little sneak peak, will be posting the entire slideshow to my website in the next couple of days if you're interested in seeing more! Here is the big moment, the first spoonful of food!
love me some baby tux!

















Auntie loving on the big man of the night!
















Grandpa feeding baby and the two boys/brothers. I think this was my favourite photo of the night!





These three lovely ladies are Prabha's daughters, some incredible genetics going on here, stunning and brilliant














I have a thing for baby toes, I could just eat them up!!!!













Thank you Prahba for the incredible opportunity!!

8 Comments:

Blogger Sue said...

What a great experience! I love your photos...they really capture all the love in that room!

And the little guy is precious! I love baby toes too!!

1:23 PM, January 08, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

What a neat ceremony. I dont know much about that culture either - other than everything seems beautiful! Great job on the photos!

4:45 PM, January 08, 2007  
Blogger Marina said...

those are some fabulous photos Patti, I am glad you changed your mind and took the job, you did an mazing job (as always) and learned some new things along the way!!!

6:00 PM, January 08, 2007  
Blogger Katrina said...

Holy cow lady!!! These photos are awesome and your website blew me away!!!! WOWOW!!!!!!!! You have one colourful eye behind the camera!!! beautiful!

7:15 PM, January 08, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an incredibly unique opportunity to be a part of! The photos are fabulous, you did an amazing job!

8:09 PM, January 08, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures! What a great experience, you truly are an amazing photographer!

11:29 PM, January 09, 2007  
Blogger Elia said...

Gorgeous photos again! What a great experience to share and capture. Love the baby toe photos too.

12:24 AM, January 10, 2007  
Blogger Heather said...

What an interesting thing. I had no idea they did this ceremony.

Love those baby toes too.

8:09 PM, January 14, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home