Monday, July 17, 2006

ok well while Ian is having a marathon nap(I probably shouldn't have typed that), I'm going to share my little project I made the other night. I had bought this frame from Ikea months and months ago... it's a shadow box frame that had some prints in it of water droplets... up close. I thought it was a regular frame that you just buy and put your own photos in... well I learned Saturday night when I went to pop it open that it was nailed shut! Lol!! Well that didn't stop me, I ripped out all the nails and went to work. I would have never bought it for the photos of water drops... they weren't even that nice, however, I digress!

SO I had thought, since it's a shadow box I could do something fun and really bulky that I normally wouldn't do in my albums, but I'm so trained against doing super bulky stuff, I couldn't figure anything out... soooo it's flat ah well!
The pics were pretty dark, but hopefully you can see ok here it is all together
Here are the individuals a bit closer up


















I think if you click on them they should pop up in a new window.

anyway, I'm happy with how they turned out. I was going to stain or paint the frame, but now I'm not sure if I should... I have already stuck the back, back on and knowing my clumsy self would get paint/stain all over the glass and everything else... It was a fun & quick project, and I can't wait to find a spot to hang it. Our walls have been bare for so long and I was looking for proper "art" to buy to hang... and it came to me...duh why not hang pics of myf amily, the people I love most and one of my favourite things to do(take photos!). So slowly my walls are getting covered! :)

7 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Looks fabulous!! What a great idea.

3:17 PM, July 17, 2006  
Blogger Kim Sanderson said...

looks gorgeous Patti!

3:32 PM, July 17, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

that looks awesome Patti!! Perfect art for your walls!

6:56 PM, July 17, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

it looks beautiful Pcakes!!!!!

8:27 PM, July 18, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the frame girlie! Looks wonderful. BTW, have I mentioned before that you have a beautiful family.

4:42 PM, July 19, 2006  
Blogger Heather M. said...

Oh cool! Your kids have the same adorable smile!

4:57 PM, July 20, 2006  
Blogger Sue Sykes said...

Looks wonderful, Patti! Love the colours! I too have tons of photos and frames, not put together, and very little art on my walls... Time to get busy - you've inspired me! :)

2:35 PM, July 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home